Hylaeosaurus is a herbivorous ankylosauriandinosaur that lived about 136 million years ago, in the late Valanginian stage of the early Cretaceous period ofEngland.
Hylaeosaurus was about five metres long. It was an armoured dinosaur. It carried at least three long spines on its shoulder and shorter spines at the side of its neck.
- Extra: There may be more details in Wikipedia
- Pronounced: HIGH-lee-oh-sore-us
- Meaning of name: woodland lizard
- Length: 5m
- Diet: herbivorous
- When it lived: Early Cretaceous
(150 – 135 million years ago)
- Found in: England, United Kingdom
- Taxonomy: Dinosauria, Ornithischia, Genasauria, Thyreophora, Ankylosauromorpha, Ankylosauria, Hylaeosaurus
- Named by: Mantell (1833)
- Type species: armatus