Leaellynasaura (meaning “Leaellyn’s lizard”) is a genus of small herbivorous ornithischian dinosaurs from the Albian stage of the Early Cretaceous, first discovered in Dinosaur Cove, Australia.
Leaellynasaura is a relatively small dinosaur, about 90 centimeters (3 feet) in length. It is known from several specimens including two nearly complete skeletons and two fragmentary skulls.
- Extra: There may be more details in Wikipedia
- Pronounced: LEE-ELL-IN-a-SORE-a
- Meaning of name: Leaellyn’s lizard
- Length: estimated 2m
- Diet: herbivorous
- When it lived: Early Cretaceous
(115 – 110 million years ago)
- Found in: Australia
- Taxonomy: Dinosauria, Ornithischia, Genasauria, Cerapoda, Ornithopoda, Euornithopoda, Leaellynasaura
- Named by: Rich and Rich (1989
- Type species: amicagraphica