Omeisaurus (meaning “Omei lizard”) is a genus of sauropoddinosaur from the Middle Jurassic Period (Bathonian-Callovianstage) of what is now China. Its name comes from Mount Emei, where it was discovered in the lower Shaximiao Formation ofSichuan Province.
Like other sauropods, Omeisaurus was herbivorous and large. It measured 20.2 metres (66 ft) long, and weighed 9.8 tonnes.
- Extra: There may be more details in Wikipedia
- Pronounced: oh-mee-sore-us
- Meaning of name: other lizard
- Length: 20m
- Diet: herbivorous
- When it lived: Mid Jurassic
(169 – 159 million years ago)
- Found in: Peoples Republic of China
- Taxonomy: Dinosauria, Saurischia, Sauropodomorpha, Sauropoda, Eusauropoda, Omeisaurus
- Named by: Young (1939)
- Type species: junghsiensis