Segnosaurus (‘slow lizard’) is a genus of herbivoroustheropod dinosaur belonging to the Therizinosauridae from the Cretaceous of Mongolia.
Segnosaurus was a rather large therizinosaurid. In 2010 Gregory S. Paulestimated the body length at 6 metres (19.5 ft), the weight at 1.3 tonnes. Segnosaurus had an elongated head, large clawed hands, a somewhat elevated torso, a broad strong pelvis, stocky legs and a short tail.
- Extra: There may be more details in Wikipedia
- Pronounced: SEG-no-SORE-us
- Meaning of name: slow lizard
- Length: 4m
- Diet: carnivorous
- When it lived: Late Cretaceous
(97 – 88 million years ago)
- Found in: Mongolia
- Taxonomy: Dinosauria, Saurischia, Theropoda, Neotherapoda, Tetanurae, Avetherapoda, Coelurosauria, Tyrannoraptora, Maniraptoriformes, Maniraptora, Therizinosauroidea, Therizinosauridae, Segnosaurus
- Named by: Perle (1979)
- Type species: galbinensis